Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Theres some redish-brown things on them ratties of yours?

From one rattie owner...
Just about 15 minutes ago I gave my two ratties a bath and noticed some redish-brown things on them. I took one off and looked at it under a miscroscope and what I saw was a VERY disgusting-looking insect. I'm pretty sure they are mites. My ratties don't have any scabs yet and there weren't many (at least not visible) mites. I'm note sure where they got them from though. I don't have any wood in their cage but I read that they can be in cardboard and other paper products, is that true? I'll probably take them to the vet but before I do that is there anything I can do to get rid of them at home?

...to another...
get rid of all of the bedding, wipe out the house with vinegar water and leave it out in the sun for an hour or two (w/o the ratties of course!)...vaccuum your house thoroughly of course and go see the vet for mite medication.

hope that helps...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home