Saturday, January 06, 2007

Rat Lover Jen roves around with her rodents

The Timaru Herald: local, national & world news from Timaru's daily newspaper

Jen Howes looks relatively normal walking along the main street of Timaru, but then people usually smell a rat – literally.

The 23-year-old Timaru girl is the proud owner of Tabitha and Toby– two stunning, friendly rats. The rodents have been a big part of MsHowes' life for the past year and usually accompany her on trips aroundthe city.

"They pretty much come with me wherever I go."

The vibrant vermin have even travelled to the bank.

"Most places don't mind.

"As long as I don't go into a place where there's food it's usually okay."

Ms Howes' said many locals now know Tabitha and Toby.

"But it's always really funny when people don't know and they're walkingpast and trying to work out what's moving on my neck," she smiled.

The pretty pair even go to work each day with Ms Howes.

"But I work in a pet shop so that helps."

...mmm...lucky for some to take their rattie to work...I wish it was easy for all of us



technorati tags:, , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home