Saturday, April 15, 2006

Rat owners frolic on Web sites that provide greets and treats

Pet websites are a chance to display pedigrees, recount rescue stories, and share one's pets with a wider world.

The fascination of online pet Web pages lies in the esoteric ways our pets behave, and, the wacky, unusual ways we interact with them.

Online, plenty of people refer to their pets as "children," and to themselves as "Mommy" and "Daddy." Most bloggers write in the voices of their pets.

Another site, Petster.com, is based on Mercer Island and was started by local Web entrepreneur Brian Cartmell. Rather than limiting profiles to one type of animal, Petster is open to all.

Harb said the friendly online community is a safe place, even for children.

"People are very serious about their pets. They identify with them," she said. "

...here here...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love my ratties and they like me. They don't judge me for not wearing designer clothes. One of my boys is nekkid as a jay-bird, bald as an egg. All my little friends have such sweet and distinct personalities. They have brought big joy in such darling little be-whiskered packages. Archabald von Peepers is curles up in his rat-bag but now and again he gives me a yawn. Rats are exceptionally fun, lovable and great for the children too.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home